Section Editor Application
Pride in Practice is an online publication dedicated to providing high-quality resources and insightful perspectives to help health care providers give excellent care to LGBT patients. We are looking to add passionate, qualified members to our editorial team.
Section editors have the following responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain an editorial calendar for the section, in collaboration with the Editor-in-Chief
- Solicit contributions to the section from recognized experts in the field and important community members
- Review all contributions to the section for editorial fit and importance to determine suitability for publication
- Edit all contributions that have passed initial review for: clarity, style, accuracy, and grammar, syntax, and spelling
- Write final titles and select featured images for articles
- Format edited articles for online publication
- Correspond with contributors throughout the editorial process
Our section editors are generally members of the health care field and have extensive experience in the content areas they edit. Prior experience writing and/or editing is preferred. If you are an expert in an area of LGBT care and have a passion for improving the state of LGBT health care education, we invite you to submit an application.